Is everybody off work this week? Why not have a lazy breakfast of Citrus French Toast. The good news is you don’t have to break your New Years resolution to do it! I mean really…a French toast with no cholesterol and low in fat!
This is one vegan recipe EVERYONE will love! It not only tastes delectable but it has a stunning presentation. It is the perfect breakfast for the non-vegan company around the house this week.
Citrus French Toast
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 loaf whole grain bread
- Blend cashews with 1 cup water until very smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender; blend until smooth. Pour into a flat, shallow dish.
- Dip each slice of bread in batter and scrape off excess.
- Place on a hot non-stick griddle and cook until golden brown on both sides.