You want a brownie but you know if you make a whole pan you’ll probably eat the whole pan, right? And besides who wants to heat the whole house up and wait for more than a half an hour for a pan of brownies to bake! I certainly don’t!
So here is the plan: We will make a single serve vegan brownie in 90 seconds! Oh and yes, it is just as rich and gooey as you would expect a perfect brownie to be.
Perfect Dorm Room Brownie (yes it is vegan!)
- ¼ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup cane juice crystals or sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or roasted carob powder
- ½ teaspoon Roma or other coffee substitute
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted earth balance
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon walnuts or pecans
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, Roma and salt in mug or small microwave safe bowl. Stir with a fork.
- Add water, oil, and vanilla and mix well. (Make sure you get the corners of the mug)
- Top with walnuts.
- Microwave on high for 75 to 90 seconds, the top will still appear a little wet or underdone. Remove from microwave and let sit for a couple of minutes to finish cooking and cool slightly.