It’s getting cold..Ridzogirl is already praying for snow….I am praying that the snow can hold off until January! But the fall weather is here and it is time to make the best of it. The best of it for me is soup.
Soup always warms me up, I don’t really appreciate the brothy kind of soups I like it to be thick and chunky. There are five really good soups in our cookbook Give Them Something Better, and one of our family favorites is the Corn Chowder. It is creamy and full yummy potatoes and really hits the spot on a cooler fall day.
I do hope we can hold off on that snow thing for a while. I wonder how God handles these conflicting prayers?
Vegan Corn Chowder
- 7 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cans (15 ounces) corn, divided
- 1/4 cup Chicken Style Seasoning (I like la Chikky by Vegetarian Express)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Place potatoes and onions in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a low boil; cook until potatoes are tender.
2. Place 2 cups of the potato and onion mixture in a blender; add cashews and half of one can of corn. Blend until smooth, adding additional water as necessary.
3. Pour contents of blender, along with the remaining ingredients, into pan with cooked potatoes and simmer until heated through. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
Makes 12 servings.
Do not boil; the soup will curdle.